Description of The Swallow’s Nest
The Woodland Hut at Swallow’s Nest is a luxurious self catering shepherd’s hut tucked away in private woodland and surrounded by miles and miles of open countryside.
Perfect for romantic getaways and short rural breaks.
On our doorstep, there is a golf course, fishing lakes, a water sports centre and an abundance of wildlife.
Look out at dusk for our resident barn owl, gliding silently over the fields and for deer, which make a fleeting appearance in our woodland.
Just a few miles away from The Swallow’s Nest:
– Historic Beverley, one of Yorkshire’s best kept secrets.
– Sandy beaches and spectacular coastal scenery including Flamborough Head.
– Some of the best wildlife reserves in the country.
– The Yorkshire Wolds – ideal for walking or cycling and discovering the landscape that inspired David Hockney.
– The city of Hull (UK City of Culture 2017) with one of the most spectacular aquariums in the world, The Deep.
The Swallow’s Nest is an ideal base for day trips to:
– York with its magnificent Minster, ancient streets and city walls, museums and fine shops.
– Whitby, Scarborough and Robin Hoods Bay.
Eateries & pubs – Within a few miles of The Swallow’s Nest, there is something for everyone, from teashops, pubs and pizzerias to Michelin Fine Dining.
- 1 Unit
- Sleeps: 4 Persons + 1 extra bed(s)
- Toilets (Ensuite) , Showers (Ensuite)
- Towels(Yes) and Bedding(Yes)
- Self Catering
Our cosy Woodland Hut is the perfect romantic getaway for two people or a glamping experience for two adults and two small children.
The hut has all the amenities you will need, including a fridge, hob, microwave and wood-burning stove. The en-suite shower room has a state of the art eco toilet and lashings of hot water.
Enjoy the complete out of door experience, with fire pit, hammock and woodland dining under our big open skies or snuggle up in the comfort and tranquillity of the hut.
Other Accommodation at The Swallow’s Nest
We also have a luxury eco holiday cottage, The Cart Shed, with accommodation for up to six people (3 double bedrooms).
The Cart Shed is all on one level and suitable for wheelchair users. Private outside seating area with views over open fields and woodland. The Cart Shed is dog friendly.
The Woodland Hut is set in its own private garden area surrounded by hazel hurdle fencing.
It has its own fitted kitchen and en-suite shower room with state of the art composting toilet.
There is also an additional outside sink.
- None, everything is private
No shared amenities - everything is private to you!
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
We provide a complimentary hamper, including freshly baked bread, muesli from nearby organic farm bakery, Yorkshire jam and organic milk. Unlimited supply of fresh free-range eggs from our own hens.
We also supply eco cleaning and washing up products, firewood, BBQ charcoal, hand and face soap.