Description of Woodland Escape
Glamping accommodation set in the heart of our young wood in rural Somerset.
Woodland Escape is specifically designed to allow our guests to relax and be close to nature.
We provide different types of glamping accommodation including Yurts, Bell tents and our Canvas Lodge, all nestled in natural clearings among the trees of our wood providing an ideal country escape for your holiday.
We have taken the best bits of glamping and gone off-grid.
Each accommodation is provided with solar-powered lighting and even our reception/office tent is powered by a solar array.
Whilst we are firm believers in renewable energy and sustainability we also know that our guests want a comfortable experience.
For this reason we have specially chosen luxury portable shower and toilet facilities for the site.
Our shower blocks and flushing toilets are all designed to provide our guests with the comforts you would expect even though the glamping site is in a rural woodland.
- 2 Units
- Sleeps: 4 Persons + 1 extra bed(s)
- Toilets (Shared) , Showers (Shared)
- Towels(Hire) and Bedding(Hire)
- Self Catering
Our woodland Stargazer Yurts are a great way to spend a glamping break - they are triple-lined for insulation and come complete with a double bed, two single futon sofa beds, rugs, clothes storage trunk and a cool box with freezer blocks (freezer blocks can be replenished daily from our solar-powered off-grid freezer in reception).
Lighting is solar powered with a central hanging light in the Yurt that has a conventional lamp switch.
Other Accommodation at Woodland Escape
- Our new Canvas Lodge can sleep up to 6 people and features separate "rooms" for relaxing during the daytime and sleeping at night.
- Our Bell tents sleep 4 people and come similarly furnished to our Yurts with a double bed, two single futon sofa beds, rugs, trunk for clothes storage and cool box with freezer blocks which you can refresh daily from our off-grid freezer in reception.
- Shared Showers
- Shared Toilets
- Washing Up
Central covered cooking area with picnic benches and extra gas stoves.
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
Hampers are provided inside each accommodation including cutlery, crockery, cups, mugs, essential cooking items (spatula, frying pan, saucepan) and washing up equipment.
Food Delivery Service.