Description of Lakes Yurts
Located at Sneck Yeat Farm, Brandlingill near Cockermouth. A working family farm within the National Park.
The yurts are positioned in their own quiet field with parking. An ideal location for heading out for a walk or visiting the many great sites and places the Lake District has to offer.
With stunning landscape looking over to the Lorton Valley and Fells. The site is a 10 minute drive from Lorton, 15 minutes from Loweswater, 20 minutes from Keswick and 8 minutes from Cockermouth.
A 16ft yurt made from coppiced hazel wood and a polycotton khaki cover, making it cosy inside and strong enough to endure the lake district weather.
The yurts are furnished in a stylish mix of traditional and contemporary with wooden floors and a central skylight for star gazing in bed.
They also include:
– A modern and comfortable double sofa bed and two single day beds (with floor space for fifth person on a camping mattress) which provide seating in the daytime.
– Goose down duvets and pillows and freshly laundered bedding.
– Fully equipped kitchen area with everything you need to self cater comfortably including gas hobs and grill (gas included).
– Wood burner (basket of logs included for a cosy nights stay).
– Solar powered lamp and fairy lights to give a magical feel.
– A chest of games, guides and magazines about the local area, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. –
– Outside there is a picnic bench and fire pit for each yurt.
– Eco shower block, washing up area and Eco toilet block.
- 3 Units
- Sleeps: 4 Persons
- Toilets (Private) , Showers (Private)
- Towels(No) and Bedding(Yes)
- Self Catering
Each yurt sleeps 4 comfortably as there are two single sofa beds and a double sofa bed (bedding included). We do allow a fifth person on a camping mattress but you must provide the mattress and bedding for the fifth person yourselves.
There is a woodburning stove to keep you warm, basket of logs & sticks and a kitchenette area with all that is needed to self cater comfortably including a camping stove with two gas rings & a small grill (gas included).
Solar lamp & fairy lights...
- Washing Up
The washing up area located at the shower block is a communal area.
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
- First Aid Kit
You will need to bring clothes and footwear for all weathers in the Lake District.
Food and drink requirements, and towels for the showers.