Description of Dorset Country Glamping
Dorset Country Glamping is the leading independent glampsite in the country; having offered glamping since 2006 & with almost half a century’s worth of experience in providing camping holidays.
We offer the most diverse range of glamping with the best value in the UK.
Our onsite facilities include a health club, fishing lake, visiting food vendors, luxury toilet and shower facilities & laundry.
Ideally located for trips to attractions such as Longleat Safari Park & Stonehenge World Heritage site.
We have a range of glamping options available:
Bell tents: with a double bed, sofa bed, electric light, cooler, cutlery, crockery, bbq & fire pit.
Our Country Kabin sleeps two or 4. It is a sumptuous country retreat for two providing a separate lounge, and behind the ‘secret door’ a master bedroom with chandelier and views out across the vale that inspired Thomas Hardy’s books.
Our flagship glamping Dome, the first of its kind in Dorset even comes complete with a Nespresso coffee machine and pods on arrival.
Yurts are a lovely cosy escape, sleeping 2 or 4 with a double bed, sofa bed, electric light, cooler, cutlery, crockery, bbq & fire pit, TV/ DVD & electric cool box.
- 1 Unit
- Sleeps: 4 Persons + 1 extra bed(s)
- Toilets (Shared) , Showers (Shared)
- Towels(Hire) and Bedding(Hire)
- Self Catering
Our Geodesic Dome is the first of its kind in Dorset and provides spacious glamping accommodation with modern interior design.
The Dome comes thoughtfully furnished with rugs, a double bed, two single futon sofabeds, clothes storage unit, bedside tables & lamps, electric lighting & sockets, TV/DVD (DVDs can be borrowed from our library), electric faux-fireplace heater, and there is even a Nespresso coffee machine with pods on arrival.
Other Accommodation at Dorset Country Glamping
- Our Country Kabin has two separate rooms divided by a "secret" sliding bookcase door with a double bed and an electric faux-fireplace heater in the master bedroom area and a double sofabed in the living area.
- Our Stargazer Yurts are also available all year round and have a see-through central dome in the roof to allow natural light in during the day and gazing up at the stars at night.
- Our Bell tents sleep 4 people and come furnished with rugs, a double bed, two single futon sofa beds, trunk for clothes storage, electric lights, sockets & coolbox.
- Our 6-person Family Bell tent is ideal for glamping for larger families, it has a double bed and four single futon sofa beds plus rugs, electric lights & sockets, electric cool box and clothes storage trunk.
- Shared Showers
- Shared Toilets
- Washing Up
Covered cooking area with additional gas stoves & seating.
Day passes for the fishing lake on site are available from the main building.
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
Crockery, cutlery, cups & mugs are provided in a hamper inside each accommodation. There are also some essential cooking items provided.
To keep costs low, guests are welcome to bring their own bedding, towels & firewood, alternatively we can supply these for you at an additional hire charge,