The Original Hut Company, East Sussex
Fashioned from recycled caravan chassis and sustainable timber, these unique camping huts are inspired by shepherds' huts of bygone days
Sleeps: up to 4 per hut
Tariff: £70 per hut; per night with a linen surcharge on stays of less than 3 nights
Note: Open all year round
Both huts offer accommodation for up to four people with a combination of bunk beds and a double bed. A gas hob and an outside fire pit provide cooking facilities and a separate hut offers piping hot showers, toilets and basins.
The wash hut is equipped with two separate showers and private wash rooms.
Designed to have minimal impact on the environment, the huts are built on-site using primarily reclaimed and recycled products such as old chassis from touring caravans, and old corn bins for the roofs.
The interiors are stylishly decorated using Farrow and Ball paints, which are dyed using natural pigments.
All the timber for the worktops and seat covers is sourced from sustainable woodland on the farm.
The electricity for lighting is provided via a solar panel in the roof.
- 2 wooden camping huts
- Double bed and bunk beds
- Bedding and bed linen provided
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas hob
- Sink with running cold water supply
- Cold food storage in cool boxes
- Icepacks provided
- Solar powered lighting
- Outside furniture: table and chairs
- Wood for burning
- Guests are free to fish in the nearby river
- Hampers of fine local produce can be arranged prior to arrival
- Shared facilities in the separate wash hut include:
- 2 toilets
- 2 basins
- 2 hot showers
- Hot and cold running water