Description of Long Valley Yurts, Low Wray on Windermere
The Low Wray site is a large spectacularly located campsite on the quiet western shore of Windermere, England’s largest ‘lake’.
A beautiful site with stunning 360 degree views from the door of your Yurt providing a quiet glamping retreat for families, friends and couples alike.
Situated within the National Trust Campsite at Low Wray on Windermere we offer three 16ft Yurts and one 18ft Yurt.
Our Yurts located right on the water’s edge offer the adventurous spirit a swift pre-breakfast dip in Windermere for a great way to start the day.
The site offers the perfect base for an array of activities and excursions. Whether it’s canoeing on the lake, mountain biking at Grizedale, gentle lakeside walks or just sitting back at the site relaxing there is something for everyone.
Back at the Yurt after a day out sit back, relax and enjoy the crackle of logs and the warmth of the wood burning stove, roast marsh mellows over the open fire and reconnect with the things that are important in your life.
Why Low Wray?
– Located on the quiet western shores of Windermere
– A jewel in the crown of the Lake District National Park, Cumbria
– Stunning scenery at every turn from the door of the Yurt
– Outdoor activities, bushcraft courses and cycle hire available on site
– Secluded feel and a haven for wildlife
– Freshly baked bread, coffee and pizzas available from the site shop
– Easy access to the whole of the Lake District National Park, Cumbria
– A break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Mongolian Yurts with Moroccan twist
- 6 Units
- Sleeps: 5 Persons + 1 extra bed(s)
- Toilets (Shared) , Showers (Shared)
- Towels(No) and Bedding(Yes)
- Self Catering
With wood burning stoves, solar lighting and twinkling fairy lights, warm feather duvets our Yurts offer warm, cosy and all round comfortable alternative to standard camping.
- Shared Showers
- Shared Toilets
- Washing Up
- Children's Play Area
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
- First Aid Kit