Description of Ruberslaw Wild Woods Camping
Our Safari Tents sit in woods on the slopes of Ruberslaw – an iconic Scottish Borders hill – in 500 acres of stunning upland scenery.
Each remote off-grid glamping site is private, secluded & self-contained: your own piece of wilderness.
No one will disturb you & the only sound you’ll hear is birdsong.
The observant may see Roe Deer, red squirrel, badger etc.
Set in the Teviot Valleys Special Landscape Area, your tent looks out on unspoilt views or into the wild woods – the choice is yours.
Each spacious safari tent has the following features:
– A fully equipped camp kitchen, with gas hob, cool box etc
– Paraffin fuelled Hurricane Lamps, a candle lantern, 3 rechargeable electric lamps & a head torch
– A large wooden kitchen table & chairs for meals or maybe a game of cards in the evening
– Comfortable canvas armchairs for relaxing inside or outside, & a bench on the veranda
– 2 bedrooms, 1 with a King Size double bed & 1 with bunks beds for 2, made up with fresh bed linen
– Natural coir carpet throughout, made from coconut husk fibres
– An exclusive 2-compartment Thunderbox pine hut with sink for drinking, washing and washing up, an eco composting loo, set not far away in the woods
– A fire bowl & a bag of logs so you can sit around the open fire under the trees, cooking, chatting & enjoying the night sky
Daily we bring fresh water, logs, recharged lamps & clean your Thunderbox.
We also carry your kit from & to your car that you left in the car park.
- 4 Units
- Sleeps: 4 Persons
- Toilets (Private) , Showers (Shared)
- Towels(No) and Bedding(Yes)
- Self Catering
We have 4 exclusive Safari Tents in private glamping sites, each isolated on the slopes of Ruberslaw by hundreds of metres of woodland.
The tents have a wide front verandah where you can sit quietly enjoying the peace and quiet of the woods.
A fire bowl is provided with logs supplied daily, so you may sit around the open camp fire in the evening, cooking and chatting.
Other Accommodation at Ruberslaw Wild Woods Camping
We also have camping available in the Edwardian Walled Garden and Old Orchard with additional wild camping options on the hillside that command stunning views.
- Shared Showers
Glampers have full use of The Hub with its Reception, free WIFI, phone charging point, fully equipped communal kitchen, shop selling local produce and grocery items, large open fire with seating, hot showers, washing machine, and local information.
Your wilderness glamping site is self contained and private.
What to bring?
- Basic Provisions
Please bring warm and wet weather clothes, good walking boots, towels and toiletries, food and drink (you are supplied with water), dish towels, books, binoculars, camera etc.