Le Grand Bois, Rhône-Alpes
A wonderful collection of spacious and fully equipped luxury safari-lodge tents in the Drôme area of southern France
Sleeps: Up to 6 people per tent
Tariff: €95 per night, per tent; €550-775 per week
Note: Open 1st May – 30 September
Situated in a protected nature reserve with spectacular views, rugged mountains and clean air, Le Grand Bois offers luxury camping in fully furnished safari-style tents.
Set-up to accommodate up to six people, each tent has a unique atmosphere with a tasteful combination of antiquated and modern furniture.
All 4 safari tents are nestled privately amongst the trees, where you can sit outside on the veranda and enjoy the peace and quiet of the beautiful surroundings.
The heated swimming pool and its sunny meadow are only a few steps away.
Made out of thick sturdy canvas, the tents all have electricity and measure 50m2.
The Safari tents are placed on slightly elevated wooden floors and are fully furnished with comfortable beds, cupboard, table and chairs, refrigerator and gas stove.
In addition to the safari tents, there is also a variety of other accommodation options ranging from rooms or apartments in the guesthouse, to tunnel tents or a pitch on the campsite for your own tent or caravan.
There are many local picturesque villages in the Drôme region with museums and vineyards to visit.
Other local activities include mountain-biking, canoeing and hiking.
Children can find plenty of entertainment with rock climbing, swimming and donkey rides.
- 10 spacious safari tents
- Wooden flooring
- Real double beds and bunk beds
- Bedding and bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Comfortable furnishing
- Fully equippedprivate kitchen with gas hob
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Electric lighting
- Outside furniture: table and chairs and hammock
- Wifi available
- Breakfast, picnics and evening meals available
- Shared facilities include:
- Heated swimming pool and sunny meadow
- Cosy terrace and bar with a warm community atmosphere for dining, socialising and playing board games
- Selection of sun-loungers
- Home restaurant serving breakfast and evening meals
- Toilets, basins and warm showers
- Family bathrooms
- Children’s bathroom
- Washing machine