Green Mountain Yurt, Andalucia
Stylish and comfortable yurt camping holidays in the Alpujarras mountains of Andalucia in southern Spain
Sleeps: 2 + 2 in separate ‘pup’ tent
Tariff: €60 per night for two people; or €385 per week
Note: Open April - October
Our yurt is situated in the grounds of Cortijo Opazo, but has its own private garden terrace of approximately 250 square metres, exclusively for the occupants of the Green Mountain Yurt.
This unique accommodation offers you the chance to stay in a beautiful hand crafted yurt and enjoy the luxury of a well equipped self-catering holiday rental under canvas and stars. Meals are available on request.
Constructed from Spanish chestnut wood made into a strong frame and fitted with a fire retardant canvas cover and a thick wool felt lining to keep it warm when it is cool outside and to keep it cool inside when the sun is shining.
Inside, the yurt is furnished with everything you would expect from a comfortable hotel.
It has a smart glazed front door and two large double glazed windows to let the light in and keep the weather out.
The central roof panel opens, but if the nights are cool there is a log burning stove to keep you cosy and warm.
Along with the charming yurt dwelling you will have your own covered outdoor kitchen with a private enclosed ‘eco’ bathroom.
Located in the countryside but within easy walking distance of local villages (1.5km) the Green Mountain Yurt is ideal for couples who enjoy the outdoor world and who may be interested in walking, wildlife, and exploring this fascinating part of Spain, the Alpujarras.
To help you get the most out of your holiday we provide a good selection of walking routes and maps, free of charge.
We are on hand to recommend local shops, restaurants and excursions into the mountains of the Sierra Nevada.
Malaga, Granada and Almeria airports within reach. Car hire is convenient but we are happy to advise on public transport.
- 1 handcrafted Mongolian style yurt
- Fully furnished interior with double bed and wood deck floor
- Log burning stove
- Towels and bed linen provided
- Own well equipped outdoor covered kitchen
- Gas stove and fridge
- Running tap water
- Private ‘eco’ bathroom with shower and Swedish built composting toilet
- Solar powered hot water and lighting
- Free re-charging for portable devices and wi-fi internet available at main house
- Large terrace garden exclusive for yurt dwellers
- Outdoor furniture and sun loungers
- Free local walking guides
- Additional ‘pup’ tent available for up to two children – please enquire
- Baby cot and high chair
- Home cooked meals – 24 hours notice required
- Local public swimming pool
- Mountain stream bathing within easy reach