Almayate Glamping, Andalucia
Peaceful yurt and wooden chalet set in idyllic surroundings just a short distance from Malaga along the coastal road
Sleeps: up to 8
Tariff: From £50 per night low season, to £75 per night high season
Note: Open all year round
Almayate Glamping, Spain, is an idyllic place accommodating up to eight people and located in one of the last unspoilt areas of the Costa Del Sol on the coast road just 30 minutes drive from Malaga airport and easily reached by public transport from any direction.
Accommodation comprises a traditional Mongolian yurt which sleeps four and a wooden chalet which also sleeps four.
It is set beneath one of the few remaining famous Osbourne bulls in the region of Andalucia and within equally easy walking distance between Almayate, a small farming community with excellent tapas bars and its own ancient traditions, and in the other direction, Torre Del Mar which is a very Spanish holiday resort with shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and supermarkets.
It also has a market day every Thursday.
The beaches, including a naturist beach, are also very close and there are also plenty of quiet places to lounge around in the privacy of your own paradise set in 2,500 square meters of beautifully kept land.
Nearest airport is Malaga which is just 30 minutes drive and transfers can be arranged, alternatively there is an excellent bus service to and from Malaga and so a car is not essential.
Within the local area are many activities and below are just a few:
- Go-Karting (within 1km)
- Cycling (doorstep)
- Horseriding (within 1km)
- Fishing (within 1km)
- Walking (doorstep)
- Motorcycle hire (within 2km)
- Malaga football ground (within 35km)
- Boat trips, dolphin spotting (within 4km)
In addition there is also the Sierra Nevada ski resort. You can quite literally ski in the morning and be on the beach in the afternoon. Just one and a half hours’ drive it is the highest ski resort in Europe and suitable for all standards.
So if you haven’t yet tried Almayate Glamping, Spain, it is probably the most idyllic and yet easily accessible location available.
If you’ve had enough of the beach for the day then there is a good size, above ground swimming pool to cool off in, plenty of outside areas for barbecuing, shared kitchen and bathroom facilities which have just been newly refurbished to a high standard, and plenty of space for lounging around in the sun.
Walk around the pond and in to the jungle area where you can sit overlooking the carp pond sipping sangria in the late evening when you are sure to hear the bells of the goats being herded down the old railway line. And in the morning you’ll hear them coming over the top of the mountain.
Pepe often trundles past on the cart being pulled along by the Andalucian bulls on their way to plough the local fields. You even have your very own carp pond and undercover parking large enough for two cars.
Special offer – Experience B & B in a traditional Mongolian yurt for just £45 for 2 people – subject to availability.
- 1 traditional hand-made Mongolian Yurt with slide back roof (sleeps 4):
- Double bed
- Two futon beds
- Lockable door
- Wooden flooring with rugs
- Pillows, sheets and duvets
- Hand towels provided
- Mosquito nets
- Ample hanging rail space and chest of draws for clothes
- Hand towels provided
- Electric power
- Sky satellite TV
- Private seating area
- Toilet and shower facilities close to Yurt
- Own heating
- Free WiFi
- Welcome pack
- 1 wooden chalet (sleeps 4):
- Good size bedroom with double bed
- One lounge area including two good sized single sofa beds
- Large hanging wardrobe with plenty of shelving space
- Double glazing
- Heating/air conditioning
- Sky TV
- Free WiFi
- Shared facilities include:
- Good sized BBQ – portable so can be used anywhere
- Fully equipped kitchen facilities including fridge freezer, gas cooker, dish washer, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, crockery and cutlery etc, etc.
- Bathroom facilities include shower, sink and constant hot water
- Safe box
- Above ground swimming pool
- Covered parking
- Patio heater
- Loads of patio and lounging areas