Palmar Tent Lodge, Bocas del Toro
A safari-style campsite enjoying a beachfront location on Bocas del Toro's world famous Red Frog Beach in Panama
Sleeps: 2 - 4, depending on tent
Tariff: See website for prices
Note: Open all year round
The property is perfectly positioned between the rainforest and the sparkling waters of the Caribbean.
The location offers incredible views of the primitive coastline and nearby islands and due to the northward view, both sunrises and sunsets from the property are incredible.
Accommodation options range from comfortable private safari-style tents to shared dorm safari tents or for those who want an authentic camping experience, we have campsites where you can pitch your own tent or rent one from our supply.
All of our canvas safari tents are elevated on wooden platforms and are cheerfully decorated featuring semi-orthopedic mattresses, a large, lockable trunk for securing personal items and a small table with floor pillows.
All furniture is custom made using local materials.
Each tent comes with a 12 volt fan and lamp that are hooked up to a solar powered battery.
To take advantage of our incredible jungle setting every private tent has its own small, private patio area with comfortable chairs and colorful solar powered lanterns.
Private tents also come with a private outdoor shower area with a 5 gallon outdoor solar shower for rinsing off after a day at the beach.
Activities in the area include: Zip line canopy tour within walking distance, snorkel and SCUBA dive trips, jungle tours, cave tours, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, surfing, swimming, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, yoga and real estate tours.
- Accommodation options:
- 4 private safari tents (sleeps 2 per tent)
- 1 shared safari tent (sleeps 4)
- 6 camping pitches (bring own tent; or rent one of ours)
- Great House featuring:
- Full Bar
- Community store – offering a plethora of goodies and basic necessities
- Comfortable seating areas
- Tables, chairs for dining or gaming
- Ceiling fans
- 12 Volt Electricity – Solar Generated
- 120 Volt Inverter available to charge small electronics during designated charging hours
- iPod player dock
- Large selection of games
- Book Exchange
- Projector for movie nights on rainy days
- Fully Equipped Community Kitchen featuring:
- Gas cook top
- Propane gas refrigerator
- Pots & pans
- Cooking utensils
- Plates & silverware
- Charcoal or wood BBQ grill (community use)
- Smokeless stove
- Lush landscaping
- Fruit tree
- Herb garden
- Organic vegetable garden (coming soon!)
- Compost area
- Portable water from rain collection
- Activities, classes and leisure facilities include:
- Daily yoga classes (when instructor is available)
- Surf lessons (when instructor is available)
- Surfboard rentals
- Boogie board rentals
- Snorkel gear rental
- Fishing gear rental
- Variety of beach game equipment (Horseshoes, Bocci, Soccer Ball, Frisbees, Volleyball, Football)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Shaded hammocks
- Beachfront fire pit
- Shared sanitation facilities include:
- Bath house
- Rainwater showers
- Hot water for showers from solar generated shower bags (provided for each private safari tent and available to rent for others)