La Quinta Glorita, Baja California Sur
A unique and well equipped open-air thatched roof dwelling with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean
Tariff: $60 per night; or $350 per week
Note: Open all year round
La Quinta Glorita is a unique experience. Not camping yet not a hotel, but a Palapa.
In keeping with this Palapa lifestyle, in warm climates housing is open air, high pitched palm thatched roof, and all the amenities one associates with a home.
All building materials are indigenous.
With proper orientation, a Palapa captures cooling breezes, protecting its occupants from topical warm weather and humidity, while providing shelter that is quite romantic, peaceful and comfortable.
This is La Quinta Glorita.
Nestled against the El Pescadero hillside, surrounded by organic vegetable and basil fields, La Quinta enjoys panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, and the oasis below.
In the morning, wake up and study the designs the palm stems make in the roof.
Listen to the birds, pop up, make a cup of coffee, and settle in to watch the ocean, the birds, a whale or two, and seasonally watch the turtles hatch, smell the basil from the neighboring basil field.
Plan a day of beach fun, hiking in the near by Sierra Laguna Mountains, visiting art galleries in Todos Santos, surfing at Cerritos, and relaxing in a hammock under the ramada, with or without a book.
Evening arrives, to dining in town, or preparing your own meal with organic produce grown locally.
Watch the sunset from the porch, and enjoy your meal by candlelight.
After sunset, enjoy the camp fire, all the while the stars put on a show of their own!
There are gentle breezes all day, but you will want to bring a jacket for the nights.
The palapa is off the beaten path so it’s very private, but it’s also great because it’s only 5 mins away from the beaches, and the little town of Pescadero, 6 kilometers from Todos Santos and 35 miles from Cabo San Lucas and La Paz airports.
Excellent bus service as car rentals are available in both locations.
- 1 open-air thatched roof ‘palapa’
- 1,100 square foot open common area
- Secure storage area
- Enclosed bathroom with shower
- Candle alcove in sleeping area
- Queen Bed, Double bed and Double Futon
- Bed linens and mosquito nets provided
- Kitchen with two burner outfitters stove, refrigerator, sink and ample prep area
- Dining table and chairs, all kitchen supplies and utensils
- Outdoor shower and laundry sink
- Detached Ramada (covered area), with three hammocks
- Outdoor Grill BBQ, and fire ring
- Children welcome, open space perfect for exploring
- Pets welcome
- Non-smoking only
- Covered parking
- Excellent cell/mobile phone coverage, no radio or TV